FOLEY'S FOLLIES

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flashback & Foodie Friday






Combining Flashback Friday with Suzy from Kitchen Bouquet and Foodie Friday with Gollum from Designs by Gollum this week. Check out both of these blogs to see great recipes!

This week is another cupcake that I have made in the past. With the 4th of July coming up fast, I have been going through my recipes to decide which favorites I will be making to take to our family gathering! These cream-filled cupcakes are a fav of mine and as you can imagine..there's never one left!



The cream-filled cupcake is one I found at Taste of Home, but I didn't use the frosting with their recipe. Instead, I used the super creamy recipe of Magnolia's Chocolate Buttercream . BEWARE...this frosting is very rich, very creamy and very lethal!! If you're going to have the richness of a cream-filled cupcake, you may as well go all the way and finish it off with a fantastic topping!! You will not be disappointed.

Here's a photo of some blooms from one of the local nurseries last year when I was trying to decide what to get.... love coneflowers!


Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to another event of Kathleen's from Cuisine Kathleen "Show Me Your White Event" on June 23rd! Check out her blog for details...

12 comments:

Four Paws and Co said...

Oh yummm! The cupcake sounds like heaven! Great flowers! ☺ Diane

Mary Bergfeld said...

The combination you put together for us is scrumptious and probably against the law :-). These sound very, very good. I'm in! Have a wonderful week.

Cathy said...

Wow, all kinds of fun things going on here. I love those cupcakes.

Happy Foodie Friday.

Anonymous said...

I seen the cupcakes and could not look at anything else...they look so good. We used to buy a chocolat cupcake filled with peanut butter frosting and topped with the same frosting it was filled with....they were delicous, these remind me of those.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

the cupcake sounds heavenly....Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Oh my - those cupcakes look soooo good and perfect for the 4th! I'm going to check out both links! Thanks, Barb!

imjacobsmom said...

Oh boy, I'm craving buttercream.....your blooms are pretty, too. Is that Annis Hyssop? ~ Robyn

A Grain of Salt said...

Bar, nice cupcakes... really nice.

g.suzie said...

I can just taste the goodness, those cupcakes looked delish!
Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by today!

Suzy said...

Ohhhhhhh those cupcakes!!! They look so good. More cream than cake! I love the magnolia icing. I could make myself sick eating it. Pretty flowers. Did you get any of them? :-) Thanks for joining me in the flashback Barb.

Marsha said...

What a decadent looking cupcake - I might have to try those next winter - it seems like the baking days are pretty nil in the busy days

love the nursery shot - now show us what you bought ;)

Kathleen said...

The cupcakes look so delicious! I can taste the creaminess just looking at them!!