FOLEY'S FOLLIES

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Popover Chicken Tarragon ...

Sounds interesting doesn't it???  I ran across this recipe as I was checking the internet for chicken recipes.  Trying to turn over a new leaf and fix more chicken and fish rather than beef and pork.  I couldn't believe the number of recipes out there for chicken!!

What is unique about this one is the bread/stuffing actually "pops" up over the chicken as it bakes.....



You can find this recipe at Recipezarr  - I didn't use their mushroom sauce, instead I used one I have made before which I really like on Help With Coooking..  there are three of them and I like the last one!

Using skinless chicken thighs, I would think you could use any cut of the chicken you prefer.



Use as much as the mushroom sauce you wish but it tastes great even without it!




A quick and simple meal - which is a must for me most of the time!

 Trust Me, you won't be disappointed!

12 comments:

Marsha said...

Barb, this one does sound good! So completely different from most chicken casseroles with the bread like stuffing. Looking forward to trying it sometime.

Cathy said...

Yum, this does sound tasty...definitely comfort food.

Cynthia said...

Barb, this sounds fantastic ... I like bread/stuffing ... probably too much AND thighs are my favorite.

What I really want to know is who's going to eat that baking dish full of chicken. Guests or someone who invited himself? :)

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Barb, it does look wonderful! I would even consider freezing some individual portions. Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

That looks very delicious! I would try it with white meat...actually, maybe half and half..keep everyone happy!

susan said...

Barb, I am afraid if I lived at your house, I would be the size of a house!! You have the best looking recipes and pictures! LOVE that new red roaster--and I like saying it too :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Mmmm, that mushroom sauce and all the bread stuffing sound wonderful. Looks like shear comfort food!

Carol said...

wow, that looks fantastic, Barb! Total comfort food! Bread and mushrooms, all things we love, it would be a big hit here, too! Copying it for one of these days!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Yum! This looks so good, and your gravy looks so good too-just like I like it. Thanks for the links to the recipes. laurie

Audrey said...

That looks so scrumptious Barb! Miss you!

Deana Sidney said...

Found you through saving time... great recipe so glad I dropped by!

Barbara said...

Super recipe! I love popovers and often make Yorkshire Pudding using sausage. This is the same idea except you used chicken! Love it. And your sauce puts the perfect topping on it.