FOLEY'S FOLLIES

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Homemade Peach Ice Cream

Joining Suzy for her annual Ice Cream Social.  Thanks Suzy for hosting this great event, what a fantastic way to get delicious recipes from other bloggers!  Check out Suzy's blog...



The Colorado peaches were begging me to try them in an ice cream, so I obliged them.  The recipe is from the Neely's at Food Network,which you can get HERE.  There is also a video.  I didn't make the praline sauce, but it sounds delicious!


The recipe is so easy and was very impressed with the creamy texture.  I took some to work for a taste test and it was received VERY favorably!  The only thing I would do differently is at the very end of the freezing process, I would add small chunks of peach for that extra little 'kick'.




I 'cheated' on the next recipe since I used store-bought ice cream for this yummy ice cream pie.  There really is no recipe I just used what I liked and put it together... so I guess it could be called 
 "Oreo crusted -Hot Fudge-Chocolate ice cream with Toffee bits Pie"


Take a pre-made Oreo pie crust, add a layer of hot fudge topping, spoon a quart of softened chocolate ice cream.  Freeze until set.  To serve, add more hot fudge topping drizzled on top, sprinkle with Heath toffee bits.  This is a very quick and easy summer dessert, and WHAT is there not to like!!


Thanks For Stopping By ...





10 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

wow that ice cream pie looks droolworthy!

Suzy said...

Yum!!! I was eating a peach yesterday thinking why didn't I do peach ice cream. Your finished product has such a great looking texture and creaminess to it. Those Neely's like to go over the top but I like them. They are so super smily :-) Your no recipe ice cream pie looks wonderful. I know my chocolate ice cream lovin Randy would go for it. So glad you were able to make it to the social! We had less of a turn out this year but that was totally my fault! I'll try to do better next year to drum up business :-) Hey..I didn't know they had peaches in Colorado. You learn something every day.

Vee said...

Double yummo! I can almost taste that peach ice cream. It just sounds so good and refreshing. As for the pie...yup, I know that I would just love it.

Lynn said...

Peach ice cream is always so tasty, love the little bits of fruit in it-enjoy:@)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

They both sound delicious, Barb! I love peaches, but sadly, John does not. He would LOVE that chocolate, Oreo pie, though and so would I!

Julie said...

The peaches have been delicious this year! This ice cream looks delicious.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I must make some peach ice cream! I've been buying Pennsylvania peaches (I've been enjoying the variety that is white inside), and it seems to be the topic of conversation at the farmers market this month. Have you ever had the donut peaches? They are wonderful too. The pie sounds wonderful too!

bj said...

Homemade peach is hard to beat...and that pie...omygosh...it looks amazing. :))

Carol said...

The peach ice cream looks fantastic! Larry would love that. Me, I'd grab a slice of the oreo. A big slice please!

Barbara said...

The peach ice cream looks fabulous, Barb!