FOLEY'S FOLLIES

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kick-Off to Summer BBQ - Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts



Late entry but I'm here... I'm joining Debbie at Mountain Breaths in her first blog event "A Kick-off to Summer BBQ" Make sure you check out her blog to link to all the participants, you'll see some mouth-watering recipes you'll definitely want to make this summer!

My recipe is one I found on Canadian Living for Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts! I developed a taste for Goat Cheese and now can't seem to find enough uses for it! Since I didn't want a sloppy presentation I didn't get carried away with the goat cheese spread..just enough to get the unique flavor.


In addition I used another recipe from the same website for Barbecued Mini Potatoes, using little red potatoes! These had a little crunch on the outside and nice and soft on the inside..perfect. Also some fresh asparagus I am eating almost at every meal since they are in season. It helps when I have my own personal source to get as much as I want (my sister, Bev).



For dessert I couldn't find a recipe for the grill that "spoke" to me so I whipped up a vanilla pudding with a caramel swirl of topping sauce....topped off with a white chocolate raspberry mold. I've been waiting to use this new mold set I purchased last winter and they turned out so well, flipped them over and all came tumbling out!




Another event is just around the corner... join Kathleen from Cuisine Kathleen "Show Me Your White Event" on June 23rd! Check out Kathleen's site for details..for some reason I don't think she means for me to show photos of my "big-girl whites" !! Even without that..it will be a beautiful event I'm sure, we can all drool over everyone elses tablesettings!!


Thanks Debbie for hosting this event - I've already copied a number of recipes from other participants and can't wait to try them! I am kind of rushing this post so please forgive me for not getting into many details....

8 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'd had to sub another kind of cheese but everything else about your meal looks outstanding! Your tiny little grilled potatoes look delicious and what a great idea. I am going to copy both of those recipes :) Grilled asparagus is always a winner for me.

Your little white molded chocolate garnish is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Do you know...I have never tried goat cheese. Your meal sounds amazing though. In fact, your chicken looks better than the one that the recipe was on....I think I am going to get some goat cheese and try the chicken recipe for my Husband.

We are going to Cleveland tomorrow and there is suppose to be a place they sell all kinds of cheeses. I guess it is like the Strip District in Pittsburgh. You probably have something like it in your area.

Carol said...

Looks great, Barb, I'd like the goat cheese, but the rest of them would definitely need a sub! The potatoes look awesome! but the ending is the best, the pudding looks fantastic!

Cute chocolate mold!

Great kick-off!

A Grain of Salt said...

Barb, we would love that meal. It looks so good! You did a great job. Oh, that raspberry is so cute!

Kathleen said...

Oh that looks so good! I love goat cheese, and your meal looks fabulous...
And dessert..wonderful..
I just got mine posted..the weather hasn't been co operative...
But we did it !!!
Thanks for the White event info on your post! :)

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Barb, I started liking goat cheese when it was served on a salad at the Moosewood Restaurant. My family won't touch it, but I will make your chicken recipe just for me! Now those crispy red potatoes could go on every dinner plate of mine.

I love your little mold. Great post Barb! Thanks so much for joining the Kick Off to Summer.

Suzy said...

That chicken sounds awesome. I just bought some goat cheese this weekend. Might have to give this a whirl! The potatoes sounds yum. Your dessert is so pretty. Love the rasperry molds!!! You need to use them again when raspberries get ripe. Great post Barb!

Marsha said...

What a wonderful looking meal - I bet it tasted fantastic. The potatoes and grilled asparagus are a favorite here as well but I too have never had goat cheese. I might have to try it just to make the chicken recipe. It looks great! Your dessert looks good too but the little raspberry stole my heart - just think of the possibilities you can make with that mold.