FOLEY'S FOLLIES

Sunday, September 19, 2010

French Toast Cupcake with Maple Buttercream

Been searching the Internet for some "fall" flavored cupcakes this past week.  I'm helping out with a political fundraiser next Saturday and will be making some "mini" cupcakes in different flavors.



The first one I tried is this French Toast Cupcake with Maple Buttercream Frosting....and it is a keeper!  I didn't mark down the site I found the cupcake recipe, but if I run across it again I will come back and give credit.  The Maple Buttercream I found at CDKitchens HERE.    I halved the frosting measurements since I had made the mini cupcakes and it was the perfect amount..no leftover!

These are perfect in a "mini" cake since sometimes having a whole big cupcake can be very filling after a meal.  This way you can sample more than one flavor and not feel so guilty!

French Toast Cupcake

· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


· 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

· 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

· 1/4 tsp. salt

· 1 cup sugar

· 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled.

· 2 eggs

· 1 tsp. maple extract

· 1/2 cup whole milk ( I used Soy Milk since that is all I have on hand)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.


Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.

In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.

Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 (15-18 minutes for mini) minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.

Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting



Stay Tuned for the next flavor....

11 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

These do sound like perfect fall cupcakes, with the maple syrup and spice. I love those perfect swirls of icing! Can't wait to see your next recipe.

Marigene said...

Delicious looking little cakes. French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Icing...what isn't there to like about that combination!

Suzy said...

What a perfect combination! Love it. And they look so cute...great decorating skills Barb!

Carol said...

I wouldn't feel a bit of guilt, bring those cupcakes on, they look amazing!

Very cute Halloween header :)

From the Kitchen said...

Tastily beautiful--fall or otherwise.

Best,
Bonnie

Kathleen said...

They do look beautiful!

I like Lily Grace's pic. That is my gdau's name!

Didn't you get the memo from Carol about losing the id word? :) No need for it, new spam filter!

Cathy said...

French toast and maple syrup are two of my favorite things and combining those flavors in a cupcake is irresistible. Love your new header, Barb.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

i don't even care what other flavors you post. I know this is going to be my favorite! Yum! This sounds so good, and I am definitely going to make some of these. I just hope I don't eat ALL of them that I make! Thank you for sharing this recipe. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I forgot to tell you...love your header photo. You are right, she is a talented photographer. laurie

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I believe that french toast cupcakes would qualify for a breakfast item :-) They look and sound amazing!

Barb, your new header is adorable and Angela is a wonderful photographer.

Barbara said...

I love the maple frosting! These look wonderful and I wish I hadn't finished all my cooking for my coffee tomorrow, 'cause these would be perfect.
Next time...copying now!